SIAS & Worship
Terms of Reference for the SIAS and Worship Committee
Purpose of the Committee
- To support the Head teacher on all matters relating to the Christian education and spiritual development of pupils, helping to ensure that every member of the school community receives the opportunity to worship in the Anglican tradition and to develop an understanding of the Christian Faith, its role in their personal lives, in the life of the school, the local community and globally. Also to understand and have respect for some of the other main world faiths.
- To receive the report on the most recent SIAS Inspection and ensure the Focus for Development is addressed.
Aims and Objectives
- To monitor and evaluate the continuing development of the Christian ethos of the school and its impact on the school and wider community.
- To monitor and evaluate the nature, planning, and impact of collective worship on the school and wider community.
- To monitor and evaluate the teaching of Religious Education and the assessment of pupil progress.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Leadership and Management of the school as a Church School.
- To encourage links with the local church community.
- To encourage links as far as is possible with those of other faiths in the local community and further afield.
- To monitor and evaluate progress made on the relevant objectives set out on the school’s ISDP document.