Hello year 5! We hope you are all keeping well. In this really unusual time, we are missing you all but we hope that you are making the most of some quality time at home with your loved ones and perhaps you have even learnt some new skills!
Please spend some time looking through your new work for the week commencing 30th March. As before, we ask that you try to complete your Maths, Literacy, and Reading every day, and then choose which days to complete Science, Geography and Understanding Religion Tasks.
Mr Thorpe, Miss Hart-Lane and Mrs Maddison-Tansey
Useful links for week commencing 30th March
- Accelerated Maths - https://ukhosted11.renlearn.co.uk/6709685/
- Times table Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/21940
- https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/mapzone - Geography
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/ztkxpv4/articles/z4t6rj6 - Understanding Religion
If there is a choice of tasks, you can choose the task you wish to complete. Don’t forget *** is the most challenging level.
Continue to record all your work in the book you have been given.
If you have any other ideas of tasks or activities, please let us know in the book too – we would love to see the other things you get up to such as list of books you’re reading.
- Logon online with the local library as you can borrow virtual books and graphic novels.
- Look at the BBC Bitesize website for a huge amount of information.
- Do some gardening and draw the plants you find.
- Draw your favourite illustrations from a comic or book.
- Do some cooking – maths, science and a cake to eat!
- Watch a film and write a review. Give it a star rating.
- Make a podcast about your favourite sport or hobby.
- Challenge someone to a battle on Times Tables Rockstars.
- Visit a virtual art gallery online – which is your favourite piece of art?
Extra places to find some fun!
- Maths games: https://www.coolmathgames.com/
- A huge variety of games and activities: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/
- Online colouring: http://www.hellokids.com/
- More online colouring (and you don’t need to sign up to use it): https://www.thecolor.com/
- Mindfulness online colouring (click on the cover to colour the images inside): https://www.mombooks.com/mom/online-activities/