School Mission Statement - Values and Ethos
Our Vision Statement:
Aspiring and achieving through faith and friendship.
During their time at St Margaret’s children will become confident and independent learners equipped with the necessary life skills to prepare them for secondary school and beyond.
• The whole child as a physical and spiritual being.
• All staff, both professional and support, and their contribution to our mission.
• The privilege of learning
• Equality of opportunity
• Parents as partners in their child's education
• Governors as colleagues in our mission
The school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to nurture Christian children in their faith and serve the wider community of which they are a part.
We aim to: Nourish those of the faith; Encourage those of other faiths; Challenge those who have no faith.' St Margaret's is both a distinctly Christian and inclusive community. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith. It promotes Christian values and spiritual development through the experience it offers to all its pupils whilst being open to the diverse community it serves.
Our Christian Values:
The Christian values that underpin all we do at St Margaret's C of E Junior School are Love, Respect, Wisdom, Equality, Faith and Community.
At St Margaret’s C of E Junior School:
Everyone is made to feel welcome, valued and treated with respect
We nurture the Christian faith while respecting all other faiths
We embrace unity and respect difference
We are a close community in which children are happy, safe, comforted and loved
Children with problems at home are offered support
We know how to have fun
We strive for excellence, have high expectations, make learning exciting and all pupils are shown how to improve their work
Staff are innovative and work hard to help children achieve well and flourish as individuals
We focus on the whole child, kindle interest and nurture talent
People care and good things happen
Parents trust staff
Children have a voice, are treated as individuals and encouraged to participate in activities beyond the classroom
Children have responsibilities
Staff are proud of our reputation within the community we serve and children want to be here
• To engage, enthuse and equip pupils for life;
• To deliver the whole curriculum, including the National Curriculum, in a challenging and stimulating environment;
• To provide support, training and development for all our staff;
• To demonstrate love, care and understanding to all our pupils;
• To involve the school in the community and the community in the school;
• To respond to parental concerns as rapidly and as fully as possible, and where practical, within 24 hours.