Languages are an important part of the curriculum at St Margaret’s and the language studied here is Spanish.
The curriculum requirements (by the end of KS2) for Spanish are:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Engage in conversations, ask and answer questions, express opinions and respond to those of others, and seek clarification and help
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- Broaden vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary
- Write phrases from memory, and adapt these to create new sentences, expressing ideas clearly
- Describe people, places, things and actions in speech and in writing