How do we assess DT?
How do we assess the impact our Design and Technology curriculum?
At St Margaret’s Church of England Junior School, we assess the progress of all children at the end of each unit. Through effective implementation of our Design and Technology curriculum, our children will:
- Be able to test, critique and evaluate their products and ideas as well as those of others.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
- Develop a good knowledge, understanding and appreciation of a range of materials and how they have multi-purpose uses.
- Build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make products for a wide range of users.
- Have a clear enjoyment and confidence in Design and Technology that they will then apply to other areas of the curriculum.
- Become more independent and resilient