How do we implement Spanish?
How do we implement our MFL curriculum?
We teach Spanish across Key Stage 2. The school uses the "Language Angels" scheme of work to support the teaching and learning of Spanish. This provides clear progression for the development of speaking and listening and vocabulary acquisition. There are resources to support the teaching and learning opportunities for pupils.
We use a variety of the following techniques to encourage children to have an active engagement with Spanish:
- Games – in order to develop vocabulary through repetition, reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Role-play – these should relate to the situations the children may find themselves in the future.
- Action songs and rhymes – to develop phonetic skills, memory skills and to further vocabulary.
- Reading and writing quality materials.
- We build children’s confidence through praise for any contribution they make in the foreign language, however tentative.
Units are selected from the range available on the Language Angels scheme of work, to best suit our pupils and are then built upon each year to ensure clear progression of skills throughout KS2.